Wednesday, October 9, 2013

in my backpack...

I love to read.
a lot.
I struggled while learning to read in elementary school
so I didn't LOVE it when all the other kids did.
I began to fall in love with reading in middle school when everyone started hating it.
Now it is one of my top 5 favorite things to do! 
I have been spending a lot of time reading lately because
I can't take my head out of this book.

I read "Divergent" (thanks Jess!) the 1st book, this summer 
and loved it.
I will get to go see the movie "Divergent" in Santiago this March!!
But "Insurgent" has been such a good escape for me lately.
I have loved diving into the plot and forgetting about my to-do list for a while :)
The 3rd book comes out October 22nd and I plan on buying it
in Atlanta and jumping in shortly after!

If I have my backpack (which I always do) then I have this book.
Good stuff I tell ya.
I'm currently reading through Romans with Kaia, 
but she is a few chapters head of me :)
As a staff we are digging deep into Romans 12:1-2 this year,
so it is interesting reading all that surrounds that.  

My bible study rocks.  
seriously.
Every Wednesday evening I hang out with
1 other Doulos teacher
2 JCS teachers
1 CMA teacher
1 Young Life AD
and 1... Krista :)  
It is magnificent, to say the least.
Anyway... along with just being real together and eating great food,
we also are reading this book together.
"Grace For The Good Girl"
(Thanks Justine for lending me your copy... and notes)
It is soooo good, and not to cheesy either.
If you have ever thought of yourself as a "good girl"
you should read this.
It has really helped me to see my life differently,
and we're only 3 chapters in!
We are reading slowly because Lexie is a 
1 chapter at a time kinda girl :)

I am LOVING my literature right now!!
What are your reading?


1 comment:

  1. You'll love this Morgan! I'm currently reading a book about how the Midwest is the best place ever. Birthday present of Betsy, naturally.

    http://raygunsite.com/collections/other/products/themidwestgodsgifttoplanetearth

    ReplyDelete