Monday, October 21, 2013

picture this...

 picture this...

March 2013
Kaia, Sarah, and I are sitting around our dining room table
discussing life before heading to bed.
I'm in the beginning of processing whether or not I should teach overseas
and move away from my beloved home.  
I do not like the idea.
Kaia and Sarah finally ask the really hard question everyone is wondering...
"What do you think God wants?"
After fighting it and holding it in for months I answer...
"I think God wants me to leave here."
The tears start pouring after the burst of my secret.  
My amazing roommates comfort and encourage me.
We pray.
But before I head downstairs Kaia pulls me over to the computer.
"You need to hear this song." 






 picture this...

March 2013 - May 2013
I am alone in my room, relaxing before falling asleep.
Thoughts of leaving my family and friends race through my head.
Anxious feelings about the future.
I can't sleep.
This one song plays over and over on my iPad 
and reminds me of Who this is really all about.






picture this...

October 18, 2013
About 40 staff member sit in the dark Doulos library early in the morning.
Only one lightbulb is lit.
I am sitting in the Dominican Republic, where I teach.
The Spanish accents and English voices come together as we sing
those words I've come to know so well.  





"Oceans" By Hillsong United 


It's been fun to see how my life has changed,
but this song has been constant.
This song has challenged me to leave my comfort zone
and trust God more.
I loved how on Friday morning, when we worshiped with this song,
I could almost feel things coming full circle.
And "Oceans" had been there through it all.


[Thanks for the picture Heather!]

[fun fact... that computer pic is actually my Doulos application!]

No comments:

Post a Comment