Thursday, October 3, 2013

Gracias a Dios

This was intended to be a post about my mama's visit.
But then my day happened...
and it didn't happen very well.
stink.
My mom's post will happen, but not today.  
Today I just need to focus on gratitude.  
Not the gratitude I have for my mom's visit, but thankfulness for my everyday life here.
I've cried upwards of 6 times today.
It's been that kind of bad.
(I'm not searching for your pity...
but if you'd like to send me Coffea butterscotch lattes that would help)
I need to remind myself of all the wonderful ways God is good.  
Here we go :)

1.  God is good, He just is.
2.  Hip-hop music coming out of my computer
3.  Nelly singing while she works in the kitchen
4.  Lots of windows and natural light in my classroom
5.  Friends/Co-workers who genuinely ask about life
6.  Diet Coke  

7.  this one specialty drink in Jarabacoa within walking distance
8.  wifi
9.  Priscy's frienship
10.  Beautifully polished nails
11.  A family that will let me cry at the dinner table
12.  a bedroom that feels like mine
13.  International, not Nation, Coffee Day (we can participate!)

14.  Totally strange hail storm in the DR
15.  The way weather brings everyone together
16.  Being stuck in a car with people and not alone
17.  Aileen's energetic laugh
18.  My amazing bible study ladies
19.  laughter at my lunch table

20.  A much simpler life
21.  Sleeping through the night without electricity 
22.  The peacefulness of this home
23.  Coffee con chocolate at Doulos
24.  Friends/Co-workers who run together
25.  Sunrises through my window

[pond empty for cleaning... 
the day before we are scheduled to study it for 3 days straight...]

[pond full the next day]

26.  God working good through our "mistakes"
27.  Amazing learning that comes from something that seemed to be "bad"
28.  Really big fish that make me laugh
29.  Curiosity 
30.  Learning outside
31.  Our drop-dead-gorgeous campus

32.  Hearing this little man say, "Hi Auntie Morgan" for the 1st time
33.  Technology that allows him to know me
34.  My family's never ending love
35.  The beautiful sight of Liam's face
36.  Big & beautiful tears rolling down cheeks (7 times and counting now...)
37.  A dulled and worn-out bracelet to remind me of Castaway and my YL family 

38.  sweet and thoughtful students and families
39.  Natural beauty
40.  I GET to teach precious children
41.  Harriet :)
42.  My health
43.  Fresh flowers in my classroom almost every day

[Me on Tuesday]

[Kelly on Tuesday]

[Jamie on Tuesday]

[Ashley on Tuesday]

44.  The way Snap Chat can show us that we are all wearing the exact same shirt
45.  Community crossing boarders 
46.  A phenomenal home base
47.  Celebrations to look forward to in the DR
48.  Fiction books
49.  US soil in 20 days

50.  Sweet, energetic, and ready to learn kiddos
51.  Escape provided by shade and fans
52.  crayons 
53.  Praying with my co-workers and students 
54.  5 year old's prayers 

55.  The fact that even if none of this was true, God would STILL be good.  

I'm putting my trust in Him today, as hard as that is.  
I'm doing it.  
Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment