Sunday, September 8, 2013

Discoveries [missing]

I am blessed to miss.
I have greatly loved, so I greatly miss.
I have been told and repeated to myself lately, that it is a good thing to miss home.
I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, and a lovely hometown.
What is there not to miss?  
I am not any more homesick right now than usual.  
I would just love to look at what I am blessed to miss and happy to have.  

I miss living near my family.  #obvi
I miss being with them in person, just being together.
I am loving that I am realizing more and more how blessed I am to have such a close family.
I am loving that I am able to talk with them several times a week.


I miss my Sioux Falls Young Life family.
I miss the laughs, tears, prayers, talks, smells and all :)  
I am loving the support I get from these sisters and brothers since arriving in the DR.
I am loving that family doesn't end after a move.

I miss my little Liam.
I miss holding him, kissing him, and chasing him.
I am loving that he interacts with my on face time and seems to enjoy it as much as I do.
I am loving technology for letting me continue watching him grow.

I miss these ladies.
I miss the history we had together and the way we continue coming back to one another.
I am loving that these are the people (young as they may be) who are 
financially supporting my service here in the DR.
I am loving that I am able to have complete faith that we will always come back to one another.

I miss this home and this gal.
I miss intentional talks, dining room dancing, night time prayers, GG in the back porch, 
and so so so much more.
I am loving intentional face time talks and long distance prayers.
I am loving a key that speaks louder than words.

I miss getting together and doing life with my YL girls.
I miss coffee and bookstores.
I am loving giving them fully to the Lord.
I am loving praying for them.

I miss my cousin love.
I miss the beginnings of fall and the GATHERing of friends.
I am loving living on the same island she did.
I am loving knowing family lasts forever.

I miss Hanalei and my mama.
I miss being with family and friends daily.
I am loving that I get to be this little ones auntie :)
I am loving that my mom gets here in 13 days!!!!!

I miss my amazing friends.  
I miss playing cards, drinking coffee, road trips, and walks.
I am loving the prayers that I am blessed to receiving from these folks.
I am loving skype and face time dates.

I miss my SFSD classroom, kiddos, rugs, and lamps.
I miss classrooms with no language barriers.
I am loving knowing that this is where I'm supposed to be.

I am loving that I am blessed to miss.

1 comment: