Friday, September 13, 2013

#DramaticMorgan

I would not consider myself a super dramatic girl.
Although, since moving to Jarabacoa, I have been thinking some fairly dramatic thoughts.
Join me on a small trip through my mind...

[my ears will ALWAYS feel popped while I live in the DR]

[this room will NOT feel like home... ever]

[i will NEVER be able to sleep normal here]

[how can i POSSIBLY make new friends]

[this culture is TOO different from where i grew up]

[i CANNOT wear long pants in this heat]

[liam isn't interested in me over a computer, and he NEVER will be]

[i WON'T be able to teach these kids english]

[i don't send packages, so i WILL NOT get any]

it just makes me laugh now.  
#DramaticMorgan is just working her way through culture shock.
no biggie.
Just let her think what she wants to...
#RationalMorgan knows the truth

[my ears EVENTUALLY un-popped]
[i find COMFORT in my room]
[most of the time i sleep WONDERFULLY]
[i am making friends just SPLENDIDLY]
[this culture has WELCOMED me graciously]
[i wear long pants several times a week and it's REALLY not bad]
[liam LOVES to face time with me]
[first steps of learning english ARE being taken]
[i am humbled EVERY TIME i receive a package]

Have you had a #Dramatic thought today?
Have you told yourself the truth?
I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment