Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gracias a Dios

Things have been good.
They really have.
But sometimes I am catching myself only thinking about the hard things.
The things that are different... hard... gone...
I do not want to live life like that.  
I want to be thankful, fully realizing all that I have.
Today has been hard.  
Really hard.
So here I am, intentionally being thankful for all the good.  
join me?

1.  God is here with me {that is really ALL I need}
2.  Coffee is good here, and it's around everyday
3.  I have not seen many spiders since moving here

4.  I still get to talk {and pray} with my loved ones back home... yes, I peeked
5.  The people back home have showed me great great love 
6.  I've gotten 3 packages since arriving!

7.  I have a computer
8.  I can watch movies and tv for free
9.  Gilmore Girls is loved by many people here

10.  I live really close to the OCEAN
11.  My new friends {and coworkers and family and...} like me and care about me
12.  We laugh together often

13.  This exists here
14.  I have a place to "escape" to and feel like I'm in the US
15.  My coworkers have the same desires and goals for teaching that I do

16.  My students are so cute {this little girl is basically standing on top of me while in line}
17.  My students are great dancers and like to have fun
18.  I teach in a brand new building and my room is really big

19.  I have a fan and a lamp
20.  My room is becoming more and more "mine"
21.  I can sleep fairly well

22.  I have screens on my windows {no bugs, except ants, while I sleep!}
23.  I live in a year round green place
24.  I live in the mountains

25.  Our school is our family  {celebrating Tim's birthday during lunch}
26.  I work on a beautiful campus
27.  There is clean water and pop here

28.  I get to live with this sweet chica and her amazing family
29.  My home is comfortable
30.  I'm learning a new language {crazy when I think about it}

31.  I get to shower everyday
32.  Our house is really clean
33.  I have less clothes, so getting ready is much easier
34.  They sell my shampoo in Jarabacoa
35.  I have an extremely loving and helpful "safe base" {family, friends, sufu}
36.  I feel, for the most part, very safe here
37.  I live in a pretty quiet house
38.  The parents of my students are extremely nice and helpful
39.  I am healthy
40.  I am doing well financially {thanks to you all}
41.  Liam interacts with me on FaceTime
42.  I live in a part of the DR that gets cooler temps
43.  My mom comes in 20 days!!!!
44.  I have friends with cars and motos
45.  I get to be a Young Life leader
46.  I am friend with so many people who can help me be a better teacher
47.  I enjoy the food here
48.  Baseball is popular here and it is a sport I like to watch
49.  People here like to laugh and enjoy life
50.  God is here with me {that is really all I need}

It does my heart good to be thankful.
What are 10 things you are thankful for?
Also, thank you Kayla, for encouraging me to make a list :)


1 comment: