Monday, September 16, 2013

Tour [mis amigos]

The people on this island are simply amazing.
I have met some of the most helpful, encouraging, and faithful people in the past 8 weeks.
Can I introduce you to a few of them?
This by no means is everyone, these are just the people I caught on camera.
I will continue to introduce my friends as we go.

{Cortney}
This lady is wonderful.  
We live on the same side of town, so we both walk the Avenida.  
We are so different, but that has really made our friendship greater.
We have spent the past few Saturdays doing something fun or relaxing together.  

{Heather}
I appreciate this gal so much!  
Heather is so welcoming and helpful.
She is nice enough to invite me to join her and her roommates for movies or dinner.  
Heather also gives me lots of rides on her moto 
and will seriously help anyone out!
We have also been running together!

{John}
This guy is a ton of laughs and lots of help.
John will always put others before himself and has proven to be a trusty friend for me.
I feel like I can always count on John!
Laughing, driving me places, or eating croissants... all is fun with John around!

{Sara}
This girl is a winner.  
Sara is on teacher staff for YL and is so inspiring!  
She also gives me tons of rides and is so gracious about it.
Fun, welcoming, and joyful are great words to describe Sara.

{Katie}
I love this chica!
Katie student taught and lived with my host family last year at Doulos.
Right away she was a great friend.  
Katie and her husband have hosted a few great dinners at their house,
and it is always a wonderful time.  

{Lexie}
Such a lovely lovely lady.
Lexie teaches first grade at Doulos and our rooms are right next to each other.
She has helped me so much with answering questions, borrowing supplies, and calming me down.
It is so wonderful to have Lexie next door!!
We have bible study together and run together once or twice a week.

{Katie}
This girl is golden.  seriously.
Katie is someone who is truly there for me. 
I can count on Katie to dig to find out what is really going on in my life.
She and her husband James have been wonderful friends since day 1.
Katie is also my running buddy and she does it is SO well.  

{Lorraine}
Such a find of a friend!
Lorraine is someone who can be friends with everyone.  
She has been available since day 1 with advice, questions, and fun.
Lorraine is always ready to help or give me a moto ride.  
She and her roommates live closest to my host home, which I love!

These are a few of my friends.
Feel free to come down and meet them in person :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment